Patch 1.04

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Patch 1.04

Post  Pufftrees on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:25 pm

I should have a link here but I can't access it at work -_-

Tons of balancing changes to items
Legendaries all have unique proc (summons demons, leaves trails of flames etc)
Class rebalance

NEW things:

New Valor Levels. 100 additional valor levels. You start earning these after 60. Each one gives 3 percent MF/GF and some base stats.

Time to grind to 100~!

Pufftrees
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patch 1.04

Post  Shoopy89 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Played for 15 minutes, still not fun...

Shoopy89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaq on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:05 am

I had more fun, but then I likely have .00000001% the playtime you guys do. I don't really see the appeal of leveling to 160 though, Inferno act2 is still about as much fun as a traffic jam.

Zaq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Yea, it's not re-inventing the wheel but it's nice to know they are trying.

Clearing an Act isn't any more entertaining but it's a little different. Mobs not full healing is so NICE. A wicked tough pack combo could gib you and end up wasting 5 minutes + of your time. Now worst case you get to half hp and die and kill on next go. Mobs do seem to hit a little less so that is nice.

Gaining levels is really nice, and they can't be bought (well not as easy). Some kid with daddy's credit card can outgear the shit outa me but he will be jealous of my paragon! After a full clear of act3, you realize all your yellows are piles of shit... it's nice to know you at least got some XP.

I doubt it will keep me entertained for more than a few days, but it will be "fun" in the meantime.

Pufftrees
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaq on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:06 pm

I think I've decided that just farming rng drops has never been fun. Slot machines just aren't fun. Even D2 it was all the other stuff that was fun, mephisto run #875,694 was pretty lame as I remember it. Loot can be fun, but it can't be the only fun thing, and in Inferno it pretty much is. I was playing around HC, and that was lots of fun, and in generally I think the non-maxed D3 game is quality. The patch made Inferno less awful if only by letting people meet the gear checks with fewer mauradon runs. I'm not sure it made it fun though. Something about invisible invulnerable snakemen diminishes the experience a little for me.

Zaq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Yea I hear ya there loud and clear. I imagine the next shiney thing that walks by and I will completely forget about d3. I don't mind the farming aspect so much. I mean you can get 50 yellows in an hour or so pretty easily so they can't really be good. Just sucks that you farm for an entire day and obtain literally no good items.

I do enjoy the hunt still, when you do get that nice item its certainly sweet. I am enjoying the auction house (I am sadistic), but I like buying stuff underpriced and reselling it. The thing I enjoy most though is I am not as strong as I would like to be, and I want to get there. I still die in act 3 a little bit and I can't faceroll 100 percent. So I enjoy working towards getting stronger... even if it is an ass backwards way of getting there.

Pufftrees
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:53 pm

I also like the fact that group play is more encouraged, and slacking off less encouraged!

It's more fun in teams of 3-4 and I've had zero issues so far in large groups (more buffs cc etc). Additionally, with the experience gain for being there.. people are less likely to afk then run up and loot the elites (or sit in town for extra time). Now people want to sell asap and get back to slaying.

Pufftrees
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zedy on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Now if only we didn't have to stop after every elite pack to res a certain caster....

zedy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees on Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:10 pm

haha I will admit last night wasn't my finest hour for survival, was way too distracted. Nerf NFL, Thursday Night Throwdowns, and then BN/Suits.

Pufftrees
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaq on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:36 am

With group is much more fun, even if I keep trying to use different spells in groups and they all blow. LOOKING AT YOU METEOR!

Zaq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top