Teh Slax Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Chris Roberts game announcement in 2 days

3 posters

Go down

New Chris Roberts game announcement in 2 days Empty New Chris Roberts game announcement in 2 days

Post  Sapphic Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:45 pm

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Go to the website and register and you will get some cool shit when the game comes out. Everyone who signs up before the announcement gets a "golden ticket"

For those that don't know Chris Roberts is the creator of Wing Commander/Privateer/Freelancer games. As far as space games go, he is a badass. He hasnt made a game for over 10 years because he said the technology wasnt ready to create what he wanted to make. It's a very long time away (at least 2 years until launch), but I have really really high hopes for this. He has already mentioned he wants people to be able to play in a persistent universe so it might have SP but it will definitively be online as well. Register now and reap the rewards.

Take from the website:

Welcome!

If you’ve made it here, you probably know who I am. Maybe you have heard of Wing Commander and its sequels, or perhaps Strike Commander, Privateer or Freelancer.

If not, you’re still welcome!

I grew up making video games. I sold my first game at the age of 13 and created Wing Commander when I was 21. But 10 years ago, at the height of my career I took a break. Not because I stopped loving or playing games but because I had become frustrated with the limits of the technology at the time to realize my vision.

I decided to pursue my desire to create detailed worlds and tell sophisticated stories in film.

I always said the moment I became interested in making games again was when I was going to come back.

With the power of today’s computers and the reach of the internet I finally feel I have the tools to build the connected experience that I always dreamed of. A world that would be more satisfying and richer than any film I could work on.

With films you tell stories but with games you create worlds.

If you’ve played my games, you’ll know that’s what I love to do.

I’m here to tell you that I have been working on something for just under a year, something that embraces everything that my past games stood for but takes it to the next level.

I hope you’ll be as excited by it as I am.

My new endeavor is still in its early stages but I invite you to take the journey with me.

If you register below you’ll become an insider that will not only give you early access to the game’s website and forums, but you will also get the opportunity for rewards and privileges that no one else will get. It’s my way of showing how important your early involvement and support is.

The full announcement will be at 10am Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5) on the 10th day of the 10th month of this year.

My name is Chris Roberts.

And if you would indulge me I would like to create a world for you.

FUCK YES!!!

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

New Chris Roberts game announcement in 2 days Empty Re: New Chris Roberts game announcement in 2 days

Post  Sapphic Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

New Chris Roberts game announcement in 2 days Empty Re: New Chris Roberts game announcement in 2 days

Post  zedy Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Damn, that shit looks good. Been to long since there was a good space sim to play, can't wait for this. OH god, look at those pre-order options.

zedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am

Yea that looks dope... haven't played a game like this in forever.

Sapphic, did you ever try Black Prophecy? It's an MMO based on space ships... but you can control them obviously. It is a really good space simulator in an MMO's body. Pretty sure it's F2P now... takes a serious computer which we have so no biggie.

I've been playing X-COM mainly... god such good memories of the original! Think I logged like 30 hours this week on Steam so far. Some vods on my stream if you want to check out some game play.

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah i played black prophecy in beta, on your account actually. The thing that got me was it was instanced and so I would run into invisible walls. I have also been playing lots of xcom but on xbox, great game.

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Presentation at pax and lots streaming on twitch, looks sick

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zedy Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:50 am

Here is a 12 min vid of the game.  Shit looks crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TWQFSzQyeM

zedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down