Raiding Arthas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raiding Arthas

Post  Furycrab on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:12 am

I don't think I'm the only one wondering if how and when we are going to wet our toes into raiding, and I also don't think it's quite fair to always expect Puff or anyone else to just magically do everything.

I don't mind taking some or a lot of the responsibilities of forming a raid, most of it isn't that difficult, especially if it's just for starters with 10 mans. I just want to take this time and space to write down what kind of basic expectations I think myself and a lot of people would be happy with... Most of which are just to avoid Bullshit we had to deal with because Ursin offered no real alternatives.

Doing a straight head count just of people who transferred. I think we can realistically get 6-8 people on, leaving us probably 2-4 short. To get things started, we'd just set a day, and at least for the first day, pug whatever is missing and still be capable to get our feet wet and maybe 2-3 bosses?

What I propose is a straight up simple 3 days a week, 3hrs a night.
Not 4 days, but really 1 or 2.
Not 3 days, but on the second day throw in the towel and kill everything on easy modes.
No slave laboring past the end time, but no starting 1hr late because of the same damn people every time.

We can probably start an hour or two later than we did since the plan is to be about 1hr shorter than we were before, but I'd love feedback on who is interested before I fix the time.

Day wise, I'd say Tuesday, Wednesday and one of either Friday, Saturday or Sunday (whichever works best) so that we don't have 3 days in a row where we raid.

I can work with anybody that can stick to that and all the other basic stuff like come prepared, learn your class and no needing of a good hand holding.

Def don't want to do any of this shit alone since I want other people to be able to start a raid if I'm not there, but the sooner I can get some feedback on this, the sooner I know who wants to be raiding... The sooner I can figure out what we need and go recruiting players (not warm bodies).

Furycrab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Raiding Arthas

Post  Pufftrees on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Great post, it's probably time to stop being so lazy Smile

My work schedule is getting longer and more random so I am pretty bad at being able to commit to raid times anymore, but I can probably be that backup guy in the 9th-10th spot, perhaps I should get dps gear since tanks are probably something you want to be able to rely on.

I think 2-3 days a week would be plenty for now, 3 hours or so a night. Starting on time with people ready... makes a huge difference Razz

I'll direct people here to see what they think about raid times, classes, planning etc. Let's keep track of people that don't post here also cherry

Pufftrees
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RoKy5aN on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:18 pm

I'll help you out for sure. I'm Holy, and can raid everynight except the weekends.
RoKy5aN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Methosage Raiding

Post  Methosage on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi all,

I am a demonology warlock. I have run the LFR MV last week and this week. My current iLevel is 466. To raise it much more I need to grind some dailies for rep and grind some dungeons for valor points. I also have 600 alchemy and 600 cooking so I may be able to make materials if you guys need some. Although, so far in cooking I am only 600 in the way of the pot (oh sweet sweet pot ;-)

I would be up for raiding 2 (maybe 3 nights a week). The Tuesday and Wednesday would probably work for me, depending on what time. I work until 9pm (EST). So I could be ready for a 9:30pm (EST) start time. Although, I realize this may be too late for others. As far as the Fri, Sat, or Sun I would be available some times but I cannot promise a consistent weekend day/night. This is my time with my wife and my daughter so I may not be available.

Anyway, let me know your plans. I have a crazy schedule so if I can't make the raids because I am not available enough I understand.

Methosage

Methosage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Hey Fury , there were about 6-7 of us around last night, so it seems like Tuesday is a decent time for most.

I like a Tues-Wed kind of schedule personally... but again I probably can't make any raid, but it seems like a good schedule for most.

Let's simply set our first raid time and then pug the rest, do you want to try this week? Or just wait for next? I can put this information in the gmotd and or give you the shiney officer chat if you so desire.

Pufftrees
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaq on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Maybe play with that in-game calendar thing as a way of polling preferred times/days. As someone who is totally safe from having to do the work, I'm very willing to offer more useless suggestions too.

Zaq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:28 pm

I had totally forgotten about that Calendar....

assuming blizzard hasn't regressed in technology 50 years, we should be able to set raids up decently from this... at least help in the initial planning.

Pufftrees
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top