Teh Slax Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal vs Master loot

3 posters

Go down

Personal vs Master loot Empty Personal vs Master loot

Post  Aro Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:34 am

With a lot of us getting to the point where we need only a select few pieces from normal, it might be time to move to master loot for normal HM. It would help us with catching up the people who main swapped/hit 100 late/couldn't raid for extended periods. It would also make sure that the really good drops (weapons/trinkets) aren't wasted. There's a few people I know of that haven't seen any HM weps drop, while others are sharding 655 weapons/trinkets.

The downside is that we have a pretty unbalanced raid (sup druids) and so some classes might benefit from this more than others. However, people can still bonus roll for their weps/trinks/bis whatevers, so I don't think it would be too bad. What do you guys think?

tl;dr it might benefit us to move to master loot instead of personal.

Aro

Back to top Go down

Personal vs Master loot Empty Re: Personal vs Master loot

Post  Pufftrees Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:11 pm

There are a few problems here that aren't insurmountable but just to talk through them.

1.  How do you determine who gets the loot?  A nice 655 2h weapon drops, Kyash only has a 635, should he get it?  What about the dps warrior, dk, ret paladin etc.  Should the fact that someone spent a ton of gold to get crafted gear remove them from the running of the weapon since its not as big of upgrade, Kyash is a tank should they just immediately have priority?  All become touchy subjects.   DKP is pretty fair, but that is work and has its own things to figure out.

2.  We have a ton of duplicate classes right now that all want the same loot. 

3.  I don't think we are established enough yet.  The new year is back, we can see what real kind of raiding force we have going.  Try to fill in some recruitment gaps etc.  From my perspective (which is show up to raid, mess around a bit) you can't swap to Master Loot until you have a decent plan for raiding.  Something the guild leadership needs to work on such as how many raiders are we optimally looking for, are we going for mythic down the road etc.

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aro Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Just to be clear, I don't think we should do this on heroic bosses where pretty much everyone needs stuff, but only on farm content where half the raid or more doesn't need the loot. Basically it would just be to prevent good gear that people need from getting sharded.

As for DKP or whatever, I really don't think we would need anything that elaborate. We've all raided together for multiple xpacs, we're all friends (except zap, fuck that bad priest). If multiple people need stuff and don't want to pass, we can just roll it off. Better to have people rolling on gear imo than that same gear getting sharded because it was personal looted to someone who doesn't need it.

Aro

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaq Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:02 am

Zaq

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum