Teh Slax Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet Space Pirates Only

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Internet Space Pirates Only Empty Internet Space Pirates Only

Post  Pufftrees Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:03 pm

EVE ONLINE da best game ever

Sapphic what have you been doing lately on EvE? This will be our private nerdy conversation cheers

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Internet Space Pirates Only Empty Re: Internet Space Pirates Only

Post  killyagoddamnself Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:24 pm

killyagoddamnself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:15 am

I have been doing afk plexing in Black Rise, and afk freighting on my red frog alt. Faction warfare is getting nerfed with the winter expansion which most people are predicting in less than 12 weeks, so I am trying to grind some isk before that happens. I have been at it for about two days and think I have earned around 400k LP

I left the uni as I was getting really annoyed with having to listen to vocal diarrhea on voice comms and just bored with the scene in general. A lot of the people I was playing with in low sec started getting white knight syndrome when a corp that was next door to us applied for blue. I got sick of listening to them complain. Also I am sick of having positive sec status.
...so yeah, basically just derping around, trying to pad my wallet.

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:03 pm

That's cool.

I'm not really sure how to feel about faction warfare. I mean it's crazy amount of money but I never got into it. Everyone in my corp just does it 24/7 and makes serious bank but ... idk I guess it's just annoying to me. If I was newer and not already comfortable with money I probably would be all over it.

I'm glad they are nerfing it so I can go back to doing wormholes or exploration and not feel like I was wasting my time because FW was more profitable. I have to read more into the winter xpac, glad they are buffing the frigs/cruisers though. Fun to fly fast ships Smile

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:39 pm

It's boring as hell, so I won't be farming it like a pro. I'll let you know next sunday when min goes for tier 5 again.

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:05 pm

That's cool. Did you see the drake and missile nerf? definitely going to be flying my pilgrims and curses now... Nothing to fear 1v1

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Yeah those ships are terrifying. I havent read about any of the changes really, I shoot bb guns so I am not to worried about drake or missle nerfs.

Still up in the air about if I should start playing wow again.

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Ya they basically nerfed heavy missile damage and range. Then they made info links help tracking disruptors. Then they made tracking disruptors affect missiles.

So before a missile boat would just destroy a curse or pilgrim because they had no effect on them. And the curse/pilgrims neuts didn't do much because drake/tengu don't use much capacitor. But now, if I fly my link proteus (glad I have max links!) my pilgrim can tracking disrupt missile boats from like 120KM out lol.

I could stay at max point range against anything now and they simply could not hit me with their main guns.

Yea... about WoW....
I'm still up in the air. I'll probably buy it but I can't see myself caring too much. The wow community is such a steamy pile of crap. So many close friends aren't coming back to play Pandas either... maybe it will be fun to be casual? The start of xpacs are a ton of fun, complete heroics, now challenge modes, getting ready for raiding. But dayam we all know that shit goes away fast lol. I would imagine I at least level to 90~

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Since I tend to fly smaller ships whenever I see a curse the urge to flee is overwhelming. My eve life has gotten pretty boring, I am just carebearing now. It will be worth it though when I turn in my LP and pay for my account for all of next year.

I'll end up getting the xpac even though I know I will regret it. The mail boxes of org need a hero...

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Well min made the push for tier 5 yesterday. They try and do it ever other sunday. It was a pretty good day, tier 5 is retarded and certainly needs a nerfing. I bought fleet issue tempests for 16000LP, I can't even fly one I just wanted to buy a few since they are practicably free. Next time I am going to buy a freighter full of fleet issue typhoons. +5 implants are 12,000LP and 12mil isk...so op. So basically each time I afk a 10 min plex that is about 100 million isk I just made.

Im sitting on most of the stuff I bought to let the market clear out a bit, but right now I have about 3 and a half bil worth of assests in implants, skill books, and data cores. I probably invested about 12 hours into the whole deal...I had farmed 500k LP

It's also worth mentioning so many people setup high colaterial, small contracts with red frog...and I can fit like 8 of them in my hold at once. So I made about another 700 mil just hauling shit from hek to jita. So basically yesterday paid for the next 8 months of eve Wink good times

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Haha excellent story Smile

Ya people were braggin when it hit t5 yesterday. My friend Karah bought 2500 implants... which are worth a TON each. He raked something like 50 billion + isk (that's more then $2000 for those curious)

I'm glad it's getting nerfed... kinda ruined the game for me something being this imbalanced. Considering the entire economy is player driven -_- but at least most people didn't know how to exploit it. Glad you did!

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:20 am

FW nerf came unexpectedly today as opposed to December 4th, bastards. Time to reactivate.

True story, I learned to exploit it from the Team Liquid forums.

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 pm

You watching the 10000 dollar New Eden Open pvp tourney?

Was pretty sweet, Teamliquid is doing well.

Last week they brought 3 Malice (alliance tourney ship worth around 35billion each... few thousand US dollars for those who dont know). And they lost!!! Kwark was flying a damnation and forgot to turn on his links... literally the only thing he had to do lol.

They ended up losing 2 malice in the fight, but Eve will never be the same!

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Haha, holy shit! Thats huge, I have a smaller tale of getting expensive shit blown up.

A few weeks back I was derping around on a saturday which I don't normally do and ended up getting a freighter blown up near hek. Doh. While I was looking at the killmail I lost my other freighter in Uedema, literally 5 min later.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=17787070
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=17786983

Calmly talked to the people who ganked me and told them how much the collateral was, since it was plastic wrapped. Good show to those guys. Talked to my corp for a min, telling them I was done. Log into CCP and cancel all 3 of my accounts.

Eve is harsh, but it is shitty to get ganked in such an expensive ship and be totally helpless. Not to mention the cargo being plastic wrap so the gankers get nothing but improved k/d ratio. I might sound bitter, but really it was a cool experience like anything in eve. Flying around with billions is the only way to make hauling exciting. It is lame just how cheap it is to gank big ships in high sec though. It would have been nice to only lose one ship though. Losing both freighters just made it impractical to continue. In 7 or 8 days I was about to buy a jump freighter. I just wanted to wait until I hit the 15 billion mark in liquid assets, ended up losing 17-18 billion in 5 min...yaa...I didn't bat an eyebrow when I uninstalled. I did buy my pops a faction fit machariel with some cash I had laying around, don't think he can fly it but LOL.

Actually I was gonna still derp around, and just put eve on my slow hard drive and free up some space on my ssd. But I forgot I needed to buy a plex. I can turn my account back on with real money I suppose, but hauling didnt really fit my personality type. Hauling was fun because it let me see the other side of the coin so to speak and the ISK generation was great and mindless. My freighter pilot is worth lots of isk if I ever decided to liquidate, but I feel happy with my eve life the where it stands. I came into the game solo as a complete noob 8 years after it was released, and made 25 billion in 6 months, lost 18 billion in 5 min. I still think the whole orbital combat thing sucks, but I love the harshness of the game. I forgot about the open tourny, will check that out if its still going on.

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 pm

A tragic and all too "EVE" tale... pretty much sums the game up lol.

I hadn't played in a while and actually put my eve "FORTUNE" on craigslist. Someone was interested in buying it all so I started organizing my accounts and gathering all my assets... and then I decided to just resub my 4 accounts and play!

So.. I'm midway through a sale that IM debating lol. Probed down some sites last night, then saw a Tengu I went to go kill. As I was debating on tackling it in a tornado a gang of 20 cames in and blobbed him... so luckily I just got to watch it all my my cloaky link boat lol.

Actually downloaded the new wow patch.. geared up a lil lol

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Yeah sounds really epic. I read some good comments on reddit earlier, funny it all started over a from a mistaken titan jump.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/17d0fw/full_report_of_what_happened_in_asakai_from/

That 10% tidi sounds roughs!

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:06 am

Explanation for the Normies

2800 people in an outdoor pvp battle essentially over a player owned small station.

It all started when someone in a Titan accidentally jumped into a wrong system instead of chain ported with his group. A titan is EVE's largest class of ship and they are worth approximately 80b isk. Retail value on that would be $15*2*80 2400 dollars. So the guy is in a fleet and hes flying around on a ship he could SELL for 2k USD (YES eve money and real currency has exchange rate)

As the fight unfolded, both sides keep escalating. Getting everyone and there mother to come help. In all there was 2800 or so pilots. at least 1000 were in supercapitals (size under titan).

So to put it in perspective, 2800 averaging 10b ship means there was CONSERVATIVELY 100,000 USD worth of ships in that space battle. Over 10,000 dollars lost in a single fight.

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hak Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Why can't this game have a twitch based combat system.

Hak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:25 pm

so much death Smile

https://map.zkillboard.com/

If anyone wants a trial you can click this link for a free 21 days, plus I will give you some cash if you sub (assuming i am actually playing).  I'm not doing anything exciting though, just ship building, whoring the market and derping around doing level 4 missions.

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=0ca0ddc8-c854-4194-8139-e5aed3ef779f&action=buddy

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:33 pm

You see this PL vs CFC fight?  Local is at 2500 and already 26 PL titans down.  Lagfest, streaming on twitch atm though.

cheers

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:19 am

Last I checked, 45 titans had fallen.  Each has a real life value of around $3000 USD.  Definitely the bloodiest day in Eve history.

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:20 pm

Yeah it was a good one.  Good time to sell any plex you might have been saving.  Ironically all those titans died the day before the patch that gave titan's wrecks

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapphic Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:39 am

some eye candy from said battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCK-E5AopVI

Sapphic

Back to top Go down

Post  killyagoddamnself Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Sapphic wrote:some eye candy from said battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCK-E5AopVI