Teh Slax Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Path of Exile

4 posters

Go down

Path of Exile Empty Path of Exile

Post  Pufftrees Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:02 pm

About to hit open beta. Hack n Slash diablo 3 style. I've been in the Closed beta since August 2011 and it is extremely refined. Way more so than diablo. This game is really revolutionary in a variety of aspects also. The skill tree is just massive (imagine 30 wow trees stacked up) and spells are like drops at first.. its weird.

Anyways, I havent been too hype since diablo 3 killed the genre for me. I have trouble playing these games since I can't make RL money as easy as diablo... but diablo is shit so ya it ruined the genre.

Open beta tomorrow and last character wipe tomorrow.
http://www.pathofexile.com/

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Path of Exile Empty Re: Path of Exile

Post  zedy Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:23 am

Moe and I got it yesterday and were messing around with it. Reminds me a lot of d2 with a bit of tq mixed in. Hit me up on steam puff and we can play some.

zedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:39 am

nice!

I haven't played it since way back when closed beta started. The guys who make the game GENUINELY seem to care about the game. They aren't out to make money. In keeping up on the forums (just a little), everyone really loves the minor patches and changes. It's not like a blizzard patch where you go "what the fux were they thinking" lol.

It's extremely deep and almost to a fault. I am nervous getting involved when i have zero clue what spells I want to run etc... I guess that is part of the "fun". Since there is no GOLD and everything is item/barter based it would be sweet to have some people to play with. I may give it a go tonight since my WOW is still broken.

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zedy Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Well all the spells/skills are removable from items, so if you don't like a spell or what not you can just replace it with something else. Also you can respec so you can kinda explore shit till you find what you like. Right now I'm a lvl 13 ranger, and moe is a lvl 7 duelist.

zedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 pm

The spell system is definitely cool.

You find the spells on the ground, and them put them into your items as gems, and then level them up by use? Something like that, feel free to correct Smile

The thing about this game in the closed beta, that I REAAALLLY liked was how they do healthpotions. You basically find the bottle with different stats, some epic etc . And the bottle fills up from killing enemies, then you use that bottle as HP potion. Is something like this still the case?

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zedy Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Yah, but skills level up from you killing things anyway possible. So you don't have to use a skill in order for it to level up, you just have to have it equipped. The potion system is really nice, but the strangest thing for me so far is that there is no gold. Using your scrolls of identify to buy things just is strange.

zedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Yea the "no gold" thing was always a little weird to me. I wonder how the economy is going to work now that more people are playing. When it first hit closed everyone was just trading everything to each other.

So I guess your entire fortune is just based on what you have in your char or in stash. It's cool how you level up those gems, and then you can trade them already leveled up. I am going to play a Witch study I'll be on tonight for sure.

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zedy Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Well I close the next two nights so I wont be home till around 2 am. But this weekend I'll be down for some.

zedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:21 pm

My install was bugged out... to be fair I hadn't played in over 12 months.

When I tried to load up it was just stuck in "check resources" but I just redownloaded last evening. Depending on how lazy I am I might get it cracking tonight then. Kripparian had a few thousand people watching him play last night, he was in a 6 man group fighting level 64 guys. But it looked pretty fun with all those people.

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zedy Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Yah, I heard the xp and items are insane in 6 man groups. Like I was playing solo right when the servers came up, and in two hours I was like lvl 15. In that same time frame a group was in the mid 40s. Kinda insane how fast you can level up in this game.

zedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Servers are having some trouble.

The company tweeted that they are being DDossed lol... its probably BLIZZARD LMAOOOOO

I'll be on though, name is Krystyliz. I dind't get through steam so don't look for me on steam.

Also streaming

twitch.tv/pufftrees

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:19 pm

This shit is legit...

Free game I suggest anyone who had any hope for D3 download and try it. I really loving most of everything about it... i didn't expect to play much but I probably logged 20 hours in 2 days easy.

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:31 am

Just in case you missed the memo, this is one sick hack and slash. I actually put it above TitanQuest (which is above D2)

Don't be afraid by OPEN beta... this is the last character wipe. The game has been in beta for over a year... the only thing "OPEN" about it is that they are stress testing the servers. Since it has MMO aspects and easy to join 6 player games etc.

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Huzzah Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Diablo 3 is a better game then pretty much everything. In other news, did you know that they used to call it a jumpoline...until your mother jumped on one.

Huzzah

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 am

Rofl, you as cold as ice Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Pretty hooked on this game, loving it so far.

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:34 am

I'll stream some tonight , it's crazy in the 6 man groups.

Lightning witch checking in!

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Javnav Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Guess, I'm late in the game! Guess time to hit this game up.

Javnav

Back to top Go down

Post  Pufftrees Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 am

It's fun, I'm hooked!

Pufftrees
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down